The Internet is once again buzzing about a new peer-reviewed paper by psychologist Richard Lynn which discusses everyone’s favorite, polite-company conversation topic: ethnic penis size.
While this topic has been discussed here before, here are two interesting links for musing:
- My penis is bigger than yours ! Quality psychology research ??
- How Much Does Size Really Matter? (link references this blog)
I don’t think that Lynn understands how these types of ‘studies’ hurt the image of psychology assuming that he cares about such minutiae. Either way, the blame falls mainly on six groups:
- The sensationalist-seeking European and North American media;
- Race realist ‘scholars’ who use their PhDs to abuse science (especially psychology);
- Race realist organizations which promote and finance said ‘research’;
- Academic scholars that peer-review such low quality work;
- Academic journals that publish such low quality work; and
- Scholars and respective organizations that are too busy to issue statements to correct shoddy scholarship.