GROUPS: Africans, Americans, Chinese, Euro-Americans and Europeans.
See nomenclature for terminology.
- Violent, hetero-sexualized European male Jonah Hex (Josh Brolin) has an American wife and a son (uni-directional American miscegenation theme, European masculinization theme)
- For absolutely no reason, American shamans save Hex’s life twice giving him necromantic power (the spiritist American theme)
- African male named Smith (Lance Reddick) helps Hex with obtaining ammunition (token African theme, bagger vance theme)
- European prostitute Lilah (Megan Fox) is actually a Euro-American named Tallula with an American mother (uni-directional American miscegenation theme, mestizo sexualizing theme)
- Stephen S. Chen is credited as the “old Chinese guy” (token Chinaman theme)
Even the comic book story of Jonah Hex has two instances of the uni-directional American miscegenation theme (White Fawn, Tall Bird), the jealous/angry American male theme, the cheating American male theme, the pinkface saviour theme, the uni-directional Asian miscegenation theme, the bait with racism: switch with stereotype theme, and the dead Asian male theme.
DYNAMICS: Hollywood will re-hash racial stereotypes to maintain Eurocentric supremacy. Hollywood is thus a form of mental colonization and needs to be changed or dismantled.